Because the skin on your face is fine, delicate and exposed to many damaging external elements, it requires special care to maintain its healthy glow over the years. Read our tips for radiant skin every day!
- 1-Each morning, cleanse your skin to remove the sebum produced overnight. Choose a mild cleanser specially formulated for your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, avoid products that need to be rinsed off, as contact with water is often not very well tolerated. Instead, opt for micellar water applied with cotton wool.
- 2-Repeat this step each evening after thoroughly removing your make-up, to rid your skin of the day’s impurities and leave it perfectly clean before bed.
- 3-Moisturising your skin properly in the morning and evening is essential. Follow two rules when choosing your moisturiser: select a product that is suited to your skin type – because different skin types have different needs – and apply a richer cream in the evening, to provide the skin with deep nourishment overnight.
- 4-Once or twice a week, use a scrub, massaging your face lightly in a circular motion. Choose a scrub formulated for the face, as these are gentler than those designed for the body. The small grains in the scrub exfoliate the skin, removing the dead cells and impurities that dull the complexion and stimulating cell renewal. The result is instantaneous: the skin recovers its smoothness, softness and radiance.
- 5-Once a week, pamper your skin with a mask suited to its type: nourishing and soothing for dry or sensitive skin, purifying for combination or oily skin, restructuring for mature skin, etc. Leave it on for around twenty minutes, then remove it with warm water or with micellar water on cotton wool. This deep treatment will leave your skin instantly radiant.
- 6-Because it is fine and contains no sebum, the skin on the lips dries out very easily. Always keep a nourishing lip balm in your bag and apply it regularly throughout the day, particularly in winter. For soft lips in the morning, re-apply at night just before bed.
- 7-Another sensitive part of the face: the eye area. Your face moisturiser is not suitable for the fine and delicate skin on your eyelids and under your eyes, because it is too rich. Morning and night, you should therefore use a product specially formulated for the eye area, chosen according to your needs: moisturising only; soothing; formulated to reduce puffiness or dark circles, etc. Only a small quantity is necessary, applied by gently tapping without rubbing.
- 8-The sun is the main factor responsible for speeding up the ageing process. To protect yourself against this, you should systematically use a high-SPF sunscreen in summer (SPF 30 or 50 if you have delicate skin). And the rest of the year, use moisturising creams that include a lower sun protection factor (SPF 15 or 20).
- 9-A healthy lifestyle is essential for keeping your skin beautiful, especially past the age of 30. Drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day to keep your skin hydrated and maintain its elasticity: insufficient water intake can rapidly affect the skin (skin tone is diminished, wrinkles and fine lines become more visible). Get at least 7 to 8 hours sleep every night. Avoid smoking, as this dulls the skin and speeds up the ageing process. Lastly, eat a balanced and varied diet including lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, which are high in vitamins and minerals; fatty fish for essential fatty acids; and foods containing antioxidants, such as tomatoes, nuts, spinach, eggs, etc.